Did you go grocery shopping and bought sweet potatoes? I did it! October is sweet potato harvest time in North Carolina, and I can buy local grown fresh harvested sweet potatoes this time of the year! I usually bake sweet potatoes in the oven with cinnamon, and serve as a side dish. This time I tried something else! I steamed sweet potatoes and made a little snack with fresh mozzarella. This is perfect for a weekend snack! It is also good for a thanksgiving dinner appetizer/snack! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Cheese Balls
Things you need
For 12 sweet potato balls
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I used 4 small potatoes)
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella (cut 0.5-0.6 cubic inches)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsb dried parsley
- cooking oil spray
- In a steam pot, place sweet potatoes (skin removed) and boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Mash the streamed sweet potatoes in a ball.
- Cool down until you can handle the potatoes with your hands
- Take about 2-2.5 TBS of mashed potatoes, and place fresh mozzarella in the middle.
- Use your hands and make a potato ball (make sure mozzarella cheese is inside of the ball)
- Coat the sweet potato balls with flour and then coat with egg
- Coat with panko bread crumbs mixed with parsley
- Lightly spray oil on the bread crumbed balls.
- Bake the balls for 15 minutes at 415 F