I love spaghetti and I love most western style dishes. But from time to time, I really want to have some kind of Asian flavors. Maybe it’s because I grew up in Asia, and my body is programmed to seek for Asian food! This Asian pasta is perfect for that kind of day^^ It is easy and quick! You can make this dish with any vegetables in your fridge. I usually make this pasta with Tuscan kale, but my husband doesn’t like most kale dishes because of its bitter taste. This time, I used BABY kale for him. Baby kale is still healthy and it is not bitter like matured one. Here I share my recipe for spicy Asian pasta with kale and mushrooms. Enjoy!
Spicy Asian Pasta with Kale and Mushrooms
Things you need
For 2 servings
- 4 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 cups chopped baby kale (or 1 cup matured kale)
- 6 baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti noodles in boiling water (time indicated on the box).
- In a pan, add olive oil and garlic over medium heat and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 min, and add baby kale and cook for 1 min. (If you use matured kale, add it before you add mushrooms. Cook kale for 5 min over medium heat, and add mushrooms. Then, cook for 2 more minutes).
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles in the pan, and add the whisked sauce and cook for 1 min.
- Add few sesame oil and seeds before serving.