We both like Caribbean flavors very much. We went to Florida a couple times, and we had Caribbean style chicken! It is a little bit sweet, has lime and a good blending of spices. I cooked it at home with a quarter cut bone-in chicken, and my husband loved the sauce! He suggested that we try to make chicken burgers with the same sauce. So I used bone-less chicken breast and cooked it in a slow cooker. Here is my recipe for Caribbean pulled chicken mini burgers! Enjoy!
Caribbean Pulled Chicken Mini Burgers
Things you need
For 6 servings
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 medium size onion (grounded)
- 1 lime (squeeze)
- 2 TBS orange marmalade (or orange juice)
- 1 TBS chopped garlic
- 1 TBS chopped ginger
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 TBS thyme
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 2-4 grounded chilies
- Mix all ingredient and stir well.
- Mix the sauce with chicken.
- Cook it in a slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- Use 2 forks to pull your chicken and cook 1 more hour on low.
- Serve with mini burger buns, lettuce and tomato.