Pork belly is the most popular pork part in Korea. Everybody loves pork belly! Especially me! Here, in the States, pork belly is relatively cheap compared to other parts, but in Korea it is the most expensive pork cut because of high demands. If you’ve been to Korea or Korean restaurants, you might know grilled pork belly called samgyeopsal. Grilling is the most popular way to cook pork belly in Korea, and it is actually my favorite way! However, in Korean restaurants, they use a complex vent system to suck the smoke out. So, I prefer the oven baked method when I cook it at home. Today, I would like to share my oven baked pork belly recipe! Enjoy!
Oven Baked Korean Pork Belly
Things you need
For 2 serving
- 1 pound pork belly (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS mirin (rice wine)
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp ginger power
- 1 tbs black pepper
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger powder, and black pepper.
- Put the pork belly in a container (I used a ziploc bag) and pour the mixed sauce on it.
- Place the pork in a fridge, and marinate at least 6 hours to 24 hours.
- Bake the marinated pork for 40 minutes at 350 F (if you have more than 1 pound of pork or if your pork is very thick, increase the baking time).